Take advantage of an amazing day out in the Midlands with some of our top tips below. Get ready to cheer on the riders as they take on the 100-mile challenge!
HERE ARE OUR TOP TIPS FOR SPECTATORS
- Signs at the ready! Make your own signs, bring your flags, and get ready to cheer and clap to give the riders the boost they need.
- Come rain or shine… dress appropriately and bring sun cream or a raincoat as required.
- Stay hydrated and bring water with you, or why not pop into one of the fantastic local tea shops or pubs along the route to stay refreshed?
- Plan your travel: Satellite Navigation Systems such as Google Maps will recognise the road closures and can offer alternative routes. You can also take a look at the road closures here to figure out the best route.
- Parking: Think about parking and plan your parking location ahead using appropriate parking locations. Please respect our hosts and do not block any exits, lanes, bridleways or other vehicles. Leave enough space for emergency vehicle access.
- Take a look at our best places to watch on the day! The Finish is in central Birmingham where spectators will be welcoming riders back, but there are plenty of other great viewing locations all around the cycling route, so why not make the most of the celebratory atmosphere throughout the West Midlands and Warwickshire.
SPECTATOR EVENTS ALONG THE ROUTE
Numerous businesses along the route will be throwing open their doors to welcome spectators and the local community to enjoy the celebrations. Please check back soon for details on spectator events and places to watch along the route.