Take advantage of an amazing day out in the Midlands with some of our top tips below. Get ready to cheer on the riders as they take on the 100 & 42 mile challenge!
THE BEST SPECTATOR LOCATIONS ON THE DAY
The White Hart – Sector 3 – Nuneaton
Ridge Lane, CV10 0RB
– Based in Sector 3 of the route, The White Hart offers a great view point early in the ride with a large green outdoor seating space. You can enjoy hot drinks and food (breakfast and lunch) outside on bench tables, whilst watching the ride go by!
Wagon Load of Lime – Sector 3 – Arley
Ansley Lane, Old Arley, Coventry, CV7 8FU
– With a large outdoor balcony, Wagon Load of Lime offer a bowling green. Bowls will be available for everyone and anyone on the day offering a day of fun and friendly competition. Alongside this, they are also going to set up a burger bar for all their hungry customers! Take a look at their website here.
St Mary and All Saints Church – Sector 3 – Fillongley
The Church will be open from 9am-1pm for homemade cakes, hot and cold drinks, book sale and toilets – ALL WELCOME to visit!
The Nugget – Sector 4 – Coundon Green
Coventry, CV6 2AL
– Anyone spectating from this point will have a clear view of all the cyclists coming past with their large outdoor seating area and a car park directly on route which will be used for spectator space on the day. They will be serving an early breakfast along with great ales and amazing food throughout the day. There will also be some fun garden entertainment to keep the kids occupied. Head here for their website.
The Brickmakers Arms – Sector 5 – Balsall Common
307 Station Road, Coventry, CV7 7EG
– The Brickmakers Arms will have no problem in giving you a close view of the cyclists as they pass. They will be serving hot drinks, cakes and bacon butties in their outside area directly on the route. They will also be running their usual drinks and food service. Check out their website.
The White Horse – Sector 5 – Balsall Common
Kenilworth Road, Coventry, CV7 7DT
– Want to keep the children entertained whilst enjoying the day yourself? The White Horse is at your service! Given their large outdoor space, they will be providing outdoor catering, bar services, face painters. A great day out for all ages. Take a look at their website here.
Woodlands Infant School- Sector 7- Shirley
Woodlands Lane, Solihull, B90 2PX
-Head over to Woodlands Infant School between the times of 11am and 2pm to join in with their special family fun day and help fundraise for their lovely school. Bring a picnic and support the many stalls which will be based on the green adjacent to the school. The school is also the perfect base to support the riders on the day! If you’re a local business that would like a stall at the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cobham Arms – Sector 9 – Halesowen
217 Howley Grange Road, B62 0JD
– Another fun location for a family day out! The Cobham Arms provides a large outdoor space with views of the cyclists. To support, they are bringing you live music by a local singer, who will be singing on the back of a truck. There will be a bouncy castle for the children and an outdoor BBQ for everyone!
Acorns Children’s Hospice will also be teaming up with the Cobham Arms to host a cheer point! See their website here.
The Old Crown – Sector 9 – Halesowen
Carters Lane, B62 0EP
– With a beautiful and large green seating area outside directly along the road, further along into the route, spectators should have a constant flowing view of cyclists throughout the day and kids should have enough space to play. There will be a bouncy castle for the kids and Sunday dinners starting from £5. Take a look at their website here.
The High Field – Sector 9 – Birmingham
22 Highfield Road, B15 3DP
– This is the ideal location to support all of the riders taking part, as this pubs manager is also cycling in this event! With a beautiful and modern outside balcony viewing the road, The High Field will be providing a great BBQ service for hungry spectators! Check out their website.
If you are putting something special on for your local community on the day of the event, and would like to be featured on this page, please email email@example.com.
HERE ARE OUR TOP TIPS FOR SPECTATORS
- Signs at the ready! Make your own signs, bring your flags, and get ready to cheer and clap to give the riders the boost they need.
- Come rain or shine… dress appropriately and bring sun cream or a raincoat as required.
- Stay hydrated and bring water with you, or why not pop into one of the fantastic local tea shops or pubs along the route to stay refreshed?
- Plan your travel: Satellite Navigation Systems such as Google Maps will recognise the road closures and can offer alternative routes. You can also take a look at the road closures here to figure out the best route.
- Parking: Think about parking and plan your parking location ahead using appropriate parking locations. Please respect our hosts and do not block any exits, lanes, bridleways or other vehicles. Leave enough space for emergency vehicle access.
- Take a look at our best places to watch on the day! The Finish is in central Birmingham where spectators will be welcoming riders back, but there are plenty of other great viewing locations all around the cycling route, so why not make the most of the celebratory atmosphere throughout the West Midlands and Warwickshire.