The Vélo Community Celebration Programme: celebrating the Midlands at its best!
With 17,000 riders of all abilities taking part and tens of thousands of spectators lining the streets in support, Vélo Birmingham & Midlands is set to showcase the very best of the Midlands! We would love this major event to benefit local businesses and communities and our Community Celebration Programme has been set-up to help inspire you to make the most of the big day.
The Vélo Birmingham & Midlands Community Celebration Programme provides a platform for the event to support local businesses, residents and community groups in making the most out of the event day and spreading the celebratory atmosphere. If you are a Midlands based business or have a great community idea, we encourage you to play host and become part of the Vélo Birmingham & Midlands celebrations.
We seek to support spectator and community events across the route where possible. Events and businesses across the route will be featured on our Spectator Guide, to publicise any event you may have planned or even simply to advertise your business as a great place to watch the event, so get in touch to be featured on the page and as part of our pre-event communications to riders.
This Spectator Guide will be further promoted via our social media channels and through our PR partners. In the past we have been able to get significant PR exposure for some businesses we worked with on Vélo events, including features on TV and local newspapers in the lead up to the event and on the day. We also have a number of charity partners and there is a great opportunity for local businesses and communities to team up with them to host a charity cheer point on the day.
You can find a whole host of ideas for the day below, but whatever you’re thinking of we would love to hear how you can celebrate Vélo Birmingham & Midlands and make it a day to remember for all involved. Get in touch at email@example.com with “Get Involved” in the email title, and we’ll do what we can to help!
Ideas for the day for your local community or to give your business a boost include:
– hosting a bake-off
– BBQs or hog roasts
– bike painting/decorating
– a “Best Dressed Bike” competition
– a community party with a cycling twist
– a special offer inspired by the event, or businesses offering special offers to cyclists/spectators
– community or business events with music and activities, such as local business stalls, bouncy castles or children’s entertainers
– spectator viewing points
– community picnics, cheering breakfasts, or bring and share lunches
– schools decorating bicycles
– community events with cycling activities for children and bike repair/maintenance
– bunting and decorations for the day
– partnering with one of the event charities to host a charity cheer point
– …and any other fun ideas that you can think of for the local community or spectators to enjoy!